Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Vehicular Manslaughter

No, I didn't yet commit this crime, although lately, I've sure been considering it when I gas up at the pumps.

"But gas prices have gone way down" you say. Well, I'm here to inform you that that isn't the case here in Denver, or virtually anywhere on the west coast. A few months back, gas hit a tad over $3 a gallon for regular unleaded. It was about that back in Nebraska too if I'm not mistaken. Now, the average price for gas in Washington County, NE is $2.19 per gallon. It's a smidge more where I was raised in Thayer County, NE at $2.21 per gallon. There's even a county in Iowa where gas is now at $1.91 a gallon. What is the average price per gallon here in Denver you ask?
$2.51 per gallon.
You can see why I'm a tad angered at this. The government says that we should be happy and that they've done what we've asked and got the gas prices down. That's true for a lot of folks, but we here on the west side of the country have had to put up with meager drops in gas prices while all of you fucks back east get your gas costs cut by 1/3.

By the way, this is the website where I get my gas info from:
http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx
Look at that map and explain to me how and why the gas prices shoot up when you leave the midwest. I just don't fuckin' understand it.

I take this time to give a shout out to a few of the corporations and companies that can fuck off:
BP Amoco ARCO
Chevron
ConocoPhillips
ExxonMobil
Shell International
Texaco
There are about 300 more, but these get the salute first because they control/supply the majority of gas stations in the Denver area.

Time for the DVD releases for today. This actually is a nice transition from my gas rant, because I believe DVDs are a plastic-based product. And you can't have plastics without crude oil!
  • G. I. Joe Sigma 6: First Strike - I'm one of the biggest G.I. Joe fans you'll ever know, and even I hate this show. It's a flaming pile of shit.
  • Glass House: The Good Mother - A sequel to The Glass House? What?! Who the fuck asked for this?
  • Greatest American Hero: The Complete Series - Limited Collector's Edition - In this case, I'm the one who asked for this.
  • The Little Mermaid (2-Disc Special Edition) - I'll only be buying this to make Samantha happy.
  • Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels: Locked 'N Loaded Director's Cut - Unrated - A director's cut eh? Very interesting.
  • Planet of the Apes: The TV Series - IT'S A MADHOUSE!! A MADHOUSE!!!!!! Sorry, but I had to do that even though Heston isn't in this.
  • Stargate SG-1: The Complete Ninth Season - Sir, the gate's opening. It looks like crap is coming through.
  • Thank You for Smoking (Widescreen) - I've heard good things about this.
  • X-Men: The Last Stand (Collector's Edition) - WOOT!! Oh how I've been waiting for this. For all of you naysayers who claim this to be a bad film: You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Piss off and die.

In a few days, I'll give you my thoughts on the horror movie The Descent.

This ride has come to an end. Please watch your step while you get the hell out.

4 comments:

The Mysterious Mr. Crow said...

Bob, I liked X-Men The Last Stand, and any mook reading my blog with basic English skills could grasp that concept.

You slept with the monkey from Outbreak? Eeehhhh.

Andy said...

I also liked X-men 3. And I also slept with Sean's mom. I also have a longer penis than him, which doesn't really fit into the conversation, but I like to bring that up every few weeks.

The Mysterious Mr. Crow said...

Longer maybe Andy, but it's the girth that really matters, and I've gotten you beat there.

Bob said...

You're all just tiny. Why don't you just admit it?