Sunday, October 15, 2006

Cellebration, Ham, and Films

This truly is a great time of the year for cellebration. You've got Halloween at the end of the month, and many folk take this month to take part in numerous OctoberFests around the world.
I'd feel bad if I didn't do anything special this October, so I proudly present the 1st annual FOctober Fest.

First, to the apartment managers who run this complex. For taking the time and energy to post a note on our door to tell us we own them 60 cents, FOc You!

Secondly, to the politicians running for office now, with your mudslinging and outrageous lies, Go FOc Yourself!

To Denver University's Financial Aid Office, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE ASSHOLES! FOc Off!

For now, that's all, but I'll celebrate more in further postings. Take this time to celebrate FOctober Fest by drinking a pitcher of beer and by telling someone you know about FOctober Fest!

So, I read comic books, as do many of the people who read this blog. Hopefully you'll anticipate this January release as much as I do:
ULTIMATE CIVIL WAR SPIDER-HAM CRISIS (FEATURING WOLVER-HAM) #1Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI Penciled by MIKE WIERINGO, MIKE ALLRED, JOHN SEVERIN, NICK DRAGOTTA, ARIEL OLIVETTI and JIM MAHFOOD Cover by MIKE WIERINGO You asked for it, you got it! Quite possibly the most important comic ever! A life-changing event that will change the way you look at yourself and the world around you! Spinning out of the page of CIVIL WAR -- and every other top-selling comic crossover event you can think of – it’s ULTIMATE CIVIL WAR SPIDER-HAM CRISIS (FEATURING WOLVER-HAM)!!! He’s little, he’s pink, he knows how to bring home the bacon. He’s Spider-Ham – and he’s about to embark a kaleidoscopic, time-spanning, universe-shifting journey that will prove just how big a pig he really is. Guest-starring: Iron Ham, Deviled Ham, Fantastic Ham, Green Ham, Ant-Ham, Ultimate Captain Ham, Hambit, Hamneto, and everyone’s favorite Sorcerer Supreme -- whathisface? You know, the guy with the blue tights and red cape…Mustache…Man-servant named Wong? -- anyway, you know who I’m talking about. He’s in it, too. And Wolver-Ham – did I mention him?32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Deviled Ham, Hambit, and Hamneto. Oh how those make me chuckle. Hopefully though, there will be a guest appearance by the Lord of Atlantis, Hamor.

You want to know what coming out on Tuesday on DVD don't you? Alright, I'll tell you, but then you have to go to bed.
  • American Dreamz - Some say this movie is clever and entertaining, while others say it is both fetid and boring. I probably won't spend my money to find out, so that's up to you.
  • Behind Enemy Lines II: Axis of Evil - I'll admit, I found Behind Enemy Lines to be a pretty enjoyable film. That being said, NO ONE asked for a sequel and from what I hear, this is less of a sequel and more of a shitty film trying to capitalize off the 1st film by using the title.
  • The Break-Up - I, as most men, don't care for romantic comedies. This is why I won't watch this film, unless of course Samantha rents it and makes me watch it with her. This is a possibility, as is me bashing my head against the coffee table shortly thereafter.
  • Charmed: The Complete Sixth Season - I know a lot of people who like sci-fi, fantasy, and other shows of this genre, and yet I don't know a single person who has bothered to buy any of these seasons.
  • Feast - This is the only release that I'm really looking forward to on Tuesday. This was intended to be released theatrically last year, but it only saw limited release last month. This looks like a fun "Creature killing people in an isolated setting" movie. For the one person who'll read this and say, "That sounds like shit," I'll have you know this was done by Project Greenlight, who were the minds behind the television show Push, Nevada. That doesn't mean that this will be a good film, but I'm sure looking forward to seeing it to find out.
  • The Omen - This is the remake released last June. To me, this seems like a pointless remake when the original was quite good and didn't need a remake. Maybe someone who has seen it can tell me if it's any good or not, but the general buzz is that it isn't.
  • Over the Hedge - Haven't seen it, but I'm sure it's entertaining for what it is.
  • Panic Room (Superbit Deluxe) - Decent film, but I wouldn't purchase this version since I found that original release in the $5 bins at Wal-Mart. That version is good enough for me.
  • That 70's Show: Season Five - At first, I never watched this show due to my general dislike of sitcoms. Recently though, I've seen quite a few episodes as Samantha likes to watch the reruns. I'll admit it's a funny show.
  • Rest Stop - Not only a newly-released horror movie, but also where Bob's mom can be found every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday nights blowing long-haul truckers for spare change. Both this film and Bob's mom have in common the ability to suck.

And that's it for today. I hope you've found this both informative and entertaining. Infotaining if you will. If not, well your blogs aren't any better dickheads.

1 comment:

Bob said...

What's with your family and ham? Your mom wanted me to eat bacon out of her ass-crack last night. Then when I refused she chased me around with a 6' sausage! I'm not sure where she was hiding it, but she was naked at the time!