Monday, October 30, 2006

Tidbits, etc.

Not too many news stories shock me these days. We live in a world where pretty much anything can happen, and due to television and the internet, we hear about it. However, this news story headline on CNN.Com really does shock and disgust me:
Alabama teen charged with raping his mom
I can't actually read the story because it's a video clip and those are blocked at work. Now, I could make numerous Alabama jokes involving sex with family members, but that's too easy. Seriosly though, what kind of fucked up human would even consider this an option? It's so absurd and unvelievable you'd expect to see it as a joke on The Onion. I'm well aware of how insane some people are, but this takes it to a whole new level.

Well that was kind of depressing. On to other news. BBC.com, which I find superior to CNN has this as a headline today:
Siberia ravaged by bootleg vodka
This also sounded like a headline from The Onion. It sounds like a funny story right? Well, read the story yourself:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6099906.stm
I was expecting some offbeat story, instead it's about poisonings and the general condition of Russia and it's people. On a side note to this, I've had to declare a personal state of emergency due to vodka on at least 1 occassion.

I went through my e-mail's Spam folder agian this morning and had a few laughs. Again, let me share with you a few Spam message subject lines I thought were funny:

  • Vote for your favorite laundry detergent! - Who the hell sees this and says, "WOW, I've always wated people to hear my opinions on Tide. This is my chance!"
  • Lower Homle Palyment by 30 Percelnt - I wish I could get the percelntage rate on my creldit card lowered too.
  • surpass Innoceent Girl getting salacious it anallyy! - Mi Meet-sthick becumm riggidd juice thinnkkinngg abhout itt!
  • Trojan Latex Condoms On Us - I think they mean free condoms.
  • Looking to buy land in Costa Rica? - Not really, no.
  • Are you losing your hair? - Not on my head.

On to other matters. Denver University tries to find reasaons to put holds on my account. They just put a hold on my account because they need a transcript from the University of Nebraska Omaha where I took 1 class to fulfil a credit I needed at Dana. I only have 5 classes left at DU, and they let me know they need the transcript NOW. They put a 2nd hold on my account because I need to prove that I've gotten my Measels/Mumps/Rubella shots. I proved this when I started going there, but now I have to prove it again before I can take any more classes. Next, they'll put a hold on my account claiming it's against DU guidelines to run over your professors due to "grading errors."

I guess I'll leave you with the DVD releases for this week.

  • Ghost Whisperer: The Complete First Season - This show looks like complete shit.
  • Mission: Impossible III - I really liked this movie. It's by far the best of the 3. Don't let your dislike for the 2nd one keep you from watching this one. this one is being released today, and not on a Tuesday like DVDs normally are.
  • The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! Volume 2 - I hated this show as a child. Anything with professional wrestler Captain Lou Albano just has to suck. The laws of physics say so.

That's all. Tis a slow DVD week.

No comments: