Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day goodness

Not "Labour" like those British wankers like to spell it.

Today is good because I don't have to work. Yesterday was good for several reasons. First of all, I found a bunch of new toys I've been looking for, including Marvel Legends series 14. I think I'm probably one of the first people in Denver to own those bad boys. Secondly, I found one more place, the second so far, in Denver that sells delicious Jolt Cola.

Today isn't quite as good as yesterday, partially because Samantha is watching a Dark Angel marathon on sci-fi channel. Sure, Jessica Alba is hot, but that show was a piece of shit. So naturally, Samantha likes it, meaning I've got to sit here and listen to it for hours on end.

Also, I have to listen to Samantha bitch about Shampoo. That's right, shampoo. They discontinued her favorite shampoo and conditioner and replaced it with another formula or scent that she hates. I can kinda see where she's coming from. I mean, they placed these little stickers on the old stuff that said "New packaging coming soon", or something like that. It mentioned nothing about the shampoos themselves being any different. Also, at her job, she works with lab mice, and changes in scents can stress the mice out and they'll eat their yong and all if they're stressed out. So, her change in shampoo could actually affect her job. Interesting isn't it? Of course, being the loving boyfriend I am, I've been looking everywhere for the shit. One place out of 20 had a few bottles of conditioner left.

Well, I'll review the DVDs being released tomorrrow before I head out to look for more toys, and more shampoo.
  • ALF: Season Four - Nah. I'll pass.
  • Brazil (Criterion Collection) - An odd movie, but I like it nonetheless.
  • The Complete Toxic Avenger - I never really saw the mass appeal that ol' Toxie has had over the years. Yeah, I saw all of the films and they were ok, but is anything produced by Troma really any good?
  • Jackass: The Movie: Special Edition: Unrated - I have to say that when this film came out, I had no plans to see it. However, after actually watching it on DVD, I'll admit I laughed my ass off at times.
  • Lost: The Complete Second Season - If you haven't seen this show yet and want to see it, rent the 1st and secomd seasons before even attempting to start watching the new season on ABC. Even after watching them in order, you still won't know what the fuck is going on, but it's a fun ride.
  • Supernatural: The Complete First Season - I've heard that a number of people like this show. I don't because I've never seen it. I don't really plan to unless I have a lot of free time to waste.
  • United 93 - Maybe this movie is good, maybe not. I just don't care to see it. I know what happened on September 11th. I know it was a horrible day. But really, I just don't give a rat's ass if I ever see this movie.
That's it.

No really, that's it. Get the fuck off my blog now.

No comments: