Wednesday, August 09, 2006

In-Laws Be Damned!

Normally I wouldn't post on a Wednesday like this, but normally, I wouldn't be so GodDamn pissed on a Wednesday either.

Who the fuck do my future parent-in-laws think they are anyway? Normally, I'd say that they're good people, and I get along with them fairly well, but today they can piss the fuck off. While Samantha was talking to her mother on the phone about our wedding in 2 years, Sam's mom asked if we picked a church yet. Jokingly, I said I was thinking about the Church of Satan. Now Sam's parents are quite religious, but they know that I joke around, it's who I am. This happened over a week ago. Last night, Sam's dad asks to speak with me on the phone. Apparently, my joke really upset Sam's mom and I was told that I should apologize to her to "mend the bridges."

FUCK THAT. I shouldn't have to apologize because I "offended" someone with a joke made in MY car in the city where I live about MY wedding. If I called her mom a fat ass, which she is, I could see where she'd be offended and where it might be right for me to apologize. Being told that I should apologize for the joke is a fucking insult to me and what I believe in, least of which is FREEDOM OF SPEECH. I certainly shouldn't have to watch every damn thing I say for fear of "burning down bridges." You don't have to like me, or even accept me as part of the family, but by God, you will respect my rights you intolerant sons of bitches.

The e-mail they'll be getting shortly will explain this to them.

I haven't done this in a few weeks so I'll take this time to award the next recipient of the:
Stupid Mother Fucker of the Week Award
This week, the winner is a man who works here where I do. He doesn't work in the library, instead, he works in the custodial department. Oh how fitting. This man, who from now on will be dubbed Fucky McFuckAss, called me over to help him with an e-mail problem. His problem was, everytime he tried to send this one e-mail, he got a message saying that the e-mail address was incorrect. He was trying to send an e-mail to Wells Fargo about a banking problem, and this was the e-mail address he was entering:
www.wellsfargo.com
News Flash Dumbshit: That's not a fucking e-mail address, it's a web address you toilet cleaning idiot. I find it amazing that in this world of the internet, there are still jackholes who can't work this shit. The internet has been around for public use for over ten years now. If it takes you 10 years to learn the basic principles behind e-mail, it's no fucking wonder you're emptying trash cans for a living. Congratulations you poor dumb bastard. Congratulations.

I'll review a movie for you as quickly as I can. I've mentioned the film Nochnoy Dozor here before as a film I really wanted to see. I'll just call the movie Night Watch as that's the American translation. Night Watch is a Russian film and is the start of a trilogy. The basic plot is the battle between good and evil "others" and how centuries ago, a truce was set-up to prevent the battle from destroying everything. The "others" range from vampires to shape shifters, etc. The NightWatch (good guys) and the DayWatch (bad guys) are supposed to keep each other in check. When an "other" realizes what he/she is, he/she must choose to either be on the light side or the dark side. Along comes this child who's supposedly very powerful, and his choice will determine what side ultimately wins. Yeah, it's pretty cliched.

Now, this film is classified by some, including Bloackbuster, as a horror. I'm tired of movies that aren't horror being called horror films. It cheapens the genre. This movie isn't scary in the least, but I will say, it's interesting. It moves a bit slow here and there which is one of it's flaws. The movie itself almost fails on it's own, but being that it's part of a trilogy, it succeeds in making me want to see the remaining two films.

Upon watching the trailer for this film, I had the fear that the movie would be chock full of the surreal images that the trailer is full of. Surreal can be good, but I also like plot, acting, etc. Surreal images make me say ooh and ah, but too much is too much. Thankfully, the only surreal images in the film were those seen in the trailer. I must add, the special effects for those select surreal images are quite good, but I'm glad they were kept at a minimum. Maybe they'll increase with the next film as the major characters have been fleshed out.

I'm not sure if I'd buy this for my collection or not. I'm on the fence about it. I definately think it's worth a rental though.

Alright, now I'm done. Begone with you from my tasty blog.

No comments: