Monday, August 14, 2006

Another frackin' Monday

Yeah, it's Monday, and once again, I feel as though I wasted a whole weekend. Sure, I got some more pegboard hung up in my toy room and I cleaned part of the apartment, but other then that, what did I do? Very little my friends.

Part of the pegboard job required an x-acto knife, so I figured since I'm buying one, I'll buy one of those nice ones with the locking blade and so forth. Of course, to open the damn thing, an x-acto knife really would have been helpfull.

I've been here at my current job for about a year and a half now. For the second time in that year and a half, I've had to deal with a patron who is mentally deficient enough to think we have movies in the library. This woman asked me 4 times in 50 seconds whether or not our library had any movies. Specifically, movies starring Whoopi Goldberg. This is the same thing she did over a year ago. This is a medical library you stupid hag. We're not going to have a copy of Sister Act sitting on the shelf next to Pulmonary Function Testing for your viewing pleasure. I told your stupid ass then that the public library would be the best option, and that's what I'm telling you today. If I ever see you enter these library doors again, I may just have to run you over with a book cart. Hell, let's make it official and dub thee:
Stupid MotherFucker of the Week

As an updat to last week's "In-Law Fiasco," I still haven't heard anything back from them after sending them the e-mail expressing my displeasure of their actions. This could mean several things. It could mean that they understand my point of view. However, I don't see that as being very likely. It's possible that they're angry at my "nerve" of standing up for what I believe in. That's much more likely. At least their mighty and wrathful God hasn't struck me down yet, so I don't think I'm doing too bad so far.

I'll continue this week's blog as I normally do, with the DVD releases for tomorrow.
  • 3rd Rock From the Sun: Season 5 - Honestly, this show went downhill a bit after Season 3 or so, but it's still pretty good.
  • Apocalypse Now: The Complete Dossier - A good movie, but I've heard this release lacks a special feature or two that was present in the last release, which was the Redux edition. So really, it isn't "complete" now is it?
  • Full House: The Complete Fourth Season - If I even so much as see this on the shelfs tomorrow, I'll puke right there in the store. I swear to God, I hate this show well beyond what the laws of physics allow me to hate.
  • Hoot (Platinum Series) - Another one of those movies where a bunch of kids gang together to stop the "evil" developers from killing defenseless animals, in this case, owls. I heard this movie blows hard. If you want a film where evil developers are twarted, go with Ernest Goes to Camp. Sure, it still sucks, but it's Ernest.
  • I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer - Apparently, this film is about a different group of teens that get someone killed through reckless hooliganism. Also, like the previous film mentioned, this one is also supposed to blow hard. If you don't want me to spoil the film, don't read the next sentence. The killer in the film is still the fisherman guy. Yeah, the same fisherman guy that dies in the last film. The killer here is the ghost of the fisherman guy who avenges wrongful deaths or some stupid shit like that. I'm not kidding here in the least. They should have called this film: I Still Don't Give a Fuck What You Did Last Summer.
  • RV (Widescreen) - I like Robin Williams as much as the next guy, but in dramatic roles. I'm sick of his, "Look at me, I'm so funny when I act like a fuckin' idiot" routine. This film got a rating of 23% on RottenTomatoes as opposed to Hoot's 26% rating. Just do yourself a favor and NEVER watch this film.
  • Scary Movie 4 (Widescreen Edition - Unrated & Uncensored) - I HATE this entire series. I HATE the fact that with all the good screenwriters trying to get their ideas made into films, Hollywood keeps making this unentertaining SHIT. It's just a waste of time.
  • The Simpsons: The Complete Eighth Season - By the time they catch up to releasing the most current season, DVD won't even be an accepted format anymore.
  • Surface: The Complete Series - This show was good enough to keep my interest for a whole 7 episodes. It had an interesting premise, but it moved so god damn slow in releasing information to the viewer, that I just gave up on it. Appently the network did as well since 1 season is all it will ever have.
  • Survivor: Paulau - The Complete Season - I can understand why people like this show. Personally, I don't care for it, but I can see its appeal to the mindless masses. What I can't understand is how this show has any replay value. Once you've seen it, you've seen it.

Alright, that's it for tomorrow. There's actually quite a lot being released, but as you can see, most of it isn't worth shit.

By the time I write another entry into this blog, the film Snakes on a Plane will be released in theatres. I've bashed this film quite alot. Everything from the concept to the title. However, even I can't deny that Samuel L. Jackson is the man, and even though this movie seems dumber than a 50 lb. sack full of stupid, you have to admire Mr. Jackson's comment when asked about the nudity in the film:

"You have two people goin' to screw in a bathroom on a plane and you know that there are some snakes on there... you know that when that tit comes out, you want to see a snake on that tit! At some point you gonna go, "Man, I know a snake's going to show up somewhere... and hopefully that snake's going to be on that tit!"

Thank you for the eloquent comment Sam. You truly are the master of telling people what they want to hear.

3 comments:

Bob said...

I know you love Full House. Admit it. I saw those pics of Uncle Jesse on your comp. That's just nasty. And there's nothing wrong with Whoopi Godberg. Why the Hell don't you have her films? What kind of library are you? And don't tell me "a fucking medical library." You should still carry them. I have to sell medical books, you should have Sister Act.

Bob said...

I took your superhero test...I'm the Hulk. The reason you were Cyclops is because you're gay.

The Mysterious Mr. Crow said...

The reason you're the Hulk is because you love wearing purple pants.