Thursday, February 02, 2006

Snippets

I'm really bored here at work. If it wasn't for numerous people inquiring about the semi-broken copier, I'd have nothing to do. So, I'll take this time to spout out meaningless crap.

First of all, Palisades Toys is now officially defunct. Well, they've sold themselves to another company which may continue certain product lines. Whereas this announcement doesn't mean the end of the world, it may mean the end of the Invader Zim toy line. If the line were to end now I wouldn't be too distressed because all of the major characters have been made, but I'd sure like it to continue. Three years ago, I said that it would be an impossible dream come true if Zim toys were made. Now, two waves have been produced and I love them like Gir loves cupcakes. Actually, I quite love me some cupcakes too. There are so many fine figures that can still be produced, such as: Bologna Zim and Dib, organ harvester Zim, Professor Membrane, The Hamster, Poop Dawg, Invader Tak, Invader Skoodge, and Santa Zim. If this line ends, I will shed a tear for another Zim-based property to be cut short in its prime.

I will now speak about a movie for which I have recently Viewed. The movie is called: Unleashed. It stars: Jet Li. I'm sure most of you have heard of this recently released action-film in which Jet Li stars as a man born and raised to live and fight as a dog by his "master" played by Bob Hoskins. Along the way, Li's character meets Morgan Freeman's character and Freeman's daughter who slowly teach him the way the world really works. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much out of this movie for 2 reasons:

1. It is an action movie with Jet Li.
2. RZA, a member of the Wu Tang Clan, had a part in this movie's music. I absolutely hate rap / hip-hop music for several reasons, the least of it being its in-originality. The last thing I wanted to see and hear was another action movie full of brain-numbing rap.

The movie was quite well made, to my surprise. The acting wasn't all that bad, including Jet Li's. This isn't your typical "man needs revenge" action plot. Instead, the plot really centers around Li's need to become a normal, functioning member of society. Sure, there are some cheesy moments, but not as many as I thought there would be. As for the music? There wasn't a bit of annoying rap anywhere in the movie, as far as I could hear anyway. The music actually fit the tone of the movie quite well, whereas blaring rap would have ruined it. Sure, this is still an action film, but it shows that Jet Li is at least trying to broaden his film roles by accepting one that has a lot more depth and drama than he typically takes. If you have some free time, watch it, you may be a bit surprised.

And finally, I'll leave you with two of my newest jokes that I came up with while observing the behavior of children.

Q: What's the difference between a pediatrician and a veterinarian?

A: A pediatrician only has to deal with one kind of dirty little animal.


Q: What do children and footballs have in common?

A: Not enough.


Thank you, and goodnight!

No comments: