Friday, February 24, 2006

Aren't Fridays supposed to be good days?

I'm just tired and annoyed. I didn't get much sleep last night, so the little things start to bug the crap out of me.

Starting my annoyances, I present the shipping baron which is UPS. I ordered a CD through Amazon.com yesterday and got free two-day UPS shipping, so it should arrive on Monday. Just for the hell of it, I tracked my package to see its progress. Let's see where my CD is:

SPARKS, NV, US 02/23/2006 9:15 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
OAKLAND, CA, US 02/24/2006 5:36 A.M.
LOUISVILLE, KY, US 02/24/2006 12:28 P.M.

Let's break this shit down. I live in Colorado, and my CD started out in Nevada, only two states away to the west. My CD then went west even more to California, and then was flown OVER Colorado to mother fucking Kentucky? Does this make sense to anyone? Anyone...anyone.....Bueller...Bueller? Now I'm sure my CD will arrive on Monday as promised, but it's just the idiocy of the shipping path that annoys me. I know there are certain distribution centers where things are routed, but I'm sure UPS can be a bit more efficient than a 4000 mile trip. After that trip, my CD is practically an import.

Moving on, the ATM machine located right outside the door to the library adds to my distress. If I hear one more stupid bastard tell a tacky ATM joke today, I'm going to stab him or her with a book. I'm sick of hearing things like: "While you're at it, get me some!" "You better leave some in there for me!" "I'll take 20!" followed by raucos laughter. Yuk it up freaks. You people try to be clever, but it just doesn't work. Understand that you're not clever, you're pathetic. I would pay someone at least $20 to guarantee never hearing these dumb-ass comments ever again. Oh look at that, someone's at the ATM now. Urge to kill......rising.

Let me move on from my complaints to a topic much more compelling. Television. One show in particular. Four years ago, had someone said that I'd actually like and enjoy William Shatner in a TV role, I'd have said "Poppycock good sir, and goodday" I now do enjoy William Shatner, and if he hasn't won an Emmy for his work on Boston Legal yet, he damn well should. I didn't care much for The Practice, which Boston legal is a spin-off of, nor do I care for most of the lawyer-themed shows, but Boston Legal is genuinely entertaining, and funny. The two greatest aspects of this show are the characters and the scripts. Chances are, you've never seen an episode yet, which is your loss, but now you should catch an episode and see for yourself. I'll even go as far as to NOT make a William Shatner joke now, and I have so many to make. So very many.

Normally I wait until Monday to review the DVD releases for Tueasday, but since there's only one DVD coming out worth a shit, I'll get it out of the way now:

Walk the Line - The Johnny Cash biopic is definately worth a watch. I liked it better than Ray, but then again, I never really listened to the music of Ray Charles. Johnny Cash, on the other hand, I have listened to quite a lot so the movie was a bit more enjoyable for me. Hopefully now the filmmakers will finally get off their asses and make the Falco biopic.

It's time to go now, and I've done far worse than kill you, reader. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me, as you left her: marooned for all eternity in the center of a dead blog, buried alive. Buried alive.

KHAAAAAN! KHAAAAAAN!

One Shatner reference alright? It won't happen again.

No comments: