Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Relaxation is for sissies

I only say this because I can't relax. Take yesterday for example. All I wanted to do was go home after work and sit around watching movies in my comfy bathrobe on my new comfy couch. Could the fates allow me this simple wish? Noooooooooo. The fates had to pull me away from work so I could spend 10 hours at a hospital with my grandfather. Now, I'm not blaming my grandfather for having an inflamed pancreas. All I'm saying is, the fates could have done this on Monday when I wasn't really planning on being a lazy bastard. Now, I'm going to have to reschedule everything so that I can be lazy tonight, or perhaps tomorrow night.

As my grandpa was being taken to the hospital in the ambulance yesterday morning, he told his neighbors to lock the screen door. Did they lock the screen door? Fuck no. They locked the main door, and every other door to his house, for which Samantha and I don't have keys to. I think Grandpa's set to the main door is, conveniently enough, inside the house. How are we supposed to feed the fish or take care of the mail and the other trivial bits? I have no idea really. This really is the fault of the neighbor across the street. This woman is so damn helpful to the point of being annoying. She can't just lock the screen as instructed, no, she has to lock the main doors as well. Well, when I have to bust a basement window to get into the house, I'll send her the bill.

The existence of the gaping hole in my bathroom celing continues.

If you're looking to read a book that will only take an hour or two of your precious time, then read: God's Debris, by Scott Adams. Yes, this is the same guy that writes the Dilbert comic strip, but this book has nothing to do with humor. Also, for you cheap ass bitches like myself, you can download it free from Dilbert.com.

To answer your question posed by the previous paragraph: Yes, I can read you heartless ass.

Could there possibly be anything else for me to complain about right now? Actually there isn't. I should get back to my menial library job and continue my current task, which is compiling glossaries for the book my boss is writing. I probably won't get a bit of credit either. Oh, that was a complaint wasn't it?

No comments: