Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A few trivial bits....That you will read.....NOW!!!

This week has gone pretty well so far. Our new pet rabbit arrived yesterday. The poor creature was a little scared and stressed by the new cage and surroundings, but I have no doubt that he will adapt........or DIE!!! I'm just kidding about the die part, really I am. I've also picked up a bunch more toys, namely Marvel Legends Series 12 and a few from Series 11. The rest of Series 11 should arrive via mailman tomorrow. I'm quite pleased that with these two series', the quality of legends figs has returned to what I'm used to. Series 10 was somewhat shitty.

With the aid of a Borders giftcard from my brother, I picked up the complete series of American Gothic on DVD. I've only watched the pilot so far, and I'm not sure it's as good as I remember, but then again, what is? I used to think that Silverhawks was cool too. I was sadly mistaken on that one.

Just when I think I've bought all the toys I need for the time being, the toy industry shafts me again. ToyBiz's Fantastic 4 Classic figs are coming out, and I only want the Super Skrull, but of course, there's the normal version and 2 chase variants. ASSHOLES!!!!! Also, the DC Superheros line is starting to come out. I've waited long for the super-articulated Batman fig, along with Bane, Scarecrow, and a re-vamped Killer Croc......and I will not be denied.

I try to attend the G.I. Joe convention each year and this summer it will be held in...*drumroll please*....
New Orleans
What the fuck?! I know the major tourist areas of the city are still in fine shape, but bodies are still being pulled from buildings in certain parts of the city for cripe's sake. I'm well aware that this con will bring needed revenue to their battered city, but I think it's too damn soon. Plus, a lot of people aren't going to attend because they don't think it'll be worth it. I'll go if I can find the cash, or take it from a dead hobo, but a number of folks aren't going to bother.

Lastly, I saw The Cronicles of Narnia 2 days ago. Although it's gotten a number of fine reviews, I wasn't all that impressed. It never realled pulled me in enough so that I ever gave a crap about any of the characters. I must say though, talking Beavers are cool, and this movie had two of them. A thank you goes to the two beavers for their convincing protrayal of two beavers. I smell an Oscar nomination....or two.

Speaking of two, Frank Miller says he's working on the film Sin City 2. If you didn't like Sin City 1, you won't like this idea. And, you really won't like this: Ol' Frankie says if things go his way, they'll be 5 Sin City films. Frankie originally stopped taking part in Hollywood films because they butchered his work and turned it into crap, ergo Robocop2. Now, instead of submitting good work to be butchered into crap, he's just making the crap movies on his own and bypassing the middle man, ergo, saving both time and money. Now, I didn't mind Sin City all that much, but 5 fuckin' films?! You, Frank Miller, are both egotistical and a bastard, ergo, you're an egotistical bastard. I like saying ergo, it just sounds so damn pompous!

No comments: