Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Well crap in a hat....

Soon my fiancee and I are getting a rabbit. I like bunnies, she likes bunnies, everyone likes bunnies. In my scouring of the internet for possible cage options / ideas, I ran across a number of sites explaining how to make cages out of "Neat Idea Cubes" and similar products. A nice idea, yes. However, there are some people that just scare me. Take the maker of this website for example: http://www.fuzzy-rabbit.com/room.htm Now, I'm going to give my bunny, whose name is Flanders by the way, all the space he needs. But these people take it to a whole new level. An entire room just for the rabbits? Obviously these people don't have normal people children to care about otherwise they'd be sleeping in the garage. These people are like the "cat ladies," but with rabbits. You know "cat ladies"; they're the old women in your town who never bathe themselves and live in a one-bedroom house with 75 cats all breeding and shitting on the couch. I'm sure the rabbits appreciate all of this, but they're taking up so much space, they damn well better pay part of the rent. I mean the cage we're going to get Flanders is a two-level monstrosity, but at least It's small enough that I can move around the apartment freely without tripping on a cage wall and tumbling, screaming, head-first off of the balcony. Although I know this would greatly amuse the majority of my friends. Ok, it would amuse all of them because they're all rat bastards.

Another plus of not having three rabbits occupying a whole-room: The entire apartment won't reek of rabbit crap. It may reek of my feces since I do have to mark the apartmenbt as mine, but I don't want any carnies or nomads to move in on my turf. They have to know the apartment is taken, and nothing says "taken" like the smell of human waste.

No comments: