Monday, July 21, 2008

You were all WRONG!!

Pretty much everyone told me that even though Sam and I have been together over 7 years, it would "feel different" being married. It doesn't. My ring finger feels different, because it has a ring on it now. That's really the only difference I sense.

I guess I may feel different had our life before the wedding been short. Our engagement alone was almost 2 years long, which is almost 2 years longer than Brian knew his wife before they got married. I'll take this opportunity to once again state what a fucking idiot Brian can be.

The wedding itself was damn-near perfect. I anticipated a problem or two, but the only problems were minor ones. People kept asking if I was nervous. Once again, after 7 years, it's not that big of a deal. It's not like I was going to get overwhelmed and run out of the chapel screaming and crying. The ONLY time I was a bit overwhelmed during the whole weekend was the Thursday before the wedding while I was visiting Sam's parents' hotel room. A bunch of other family members and friends were also there, and it just hit me that all of these people are here for Sam and I. All of these folks took time off from work and spent a crap-ton of money on gas or plane tickets to see us. All of these people are here together in the same room after all these years simply because of us.

I'm back at work now. I'd rather not be here. After almost 2 weeks off, going back to a job really sucks. Also, I'd rather just get this job over with and move to my new one, so that makes being here even tougher, knowing that it's really just wasting time while my boss finds a replacement.

I've nothing else to say. I think I'm going to go eat my bologna sandwich now.

No comments: