Monday, November 28, 2005

Space Radio is Freakin' Sweet

By Space Radio, I mean satellite radio. I prefer to call it Space Radio because it sounds just a tiny bit cooler, but it makes me think: What if the radio waves are altered by cosmic rays much like the Fantastic 4 were? Then it would be Fantasti-Radio. Now that's a name. How 'bout I just get to the fuckin' point you say? Alright, I will. XM radio is nice, very nice. Sure, one has to pay $13 a month, but in return, one gets over 150 channels. The best part: All channels are uncensored and commercial free. This means no more God Damned John Elway auto delaership ads and all the swearing my bastard little ears can take. Oh how I love Freedom of Speech. George W. Bush is a flaming Asshole. See, isn't it great?

Since I'm somewhat of a movie buff, I thought I'd continue with a quick review of the DVDs that are released today.
  • CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Season 5 - This show was spiffy and new 6 years ago. Now, it's becoming tired and worn. I'll spoil every single episode from Season 5 by saying this: Someone gets killed and the CSI team solves the case and the killer isn't who you think it is.
  • Death to the Supermodels - I have no idea what this is, but the title sounds promising.
  • Duece Bigalow: European Gigolo - This movie made roughly $36.71 at the box office, for good reason. It is for this reson that you should skip this movie entirely and buy the next movie on this list.
  • Family Guy: Volume 3 - See, I told you to buy this, and I was correct as always. Although I don't quite like some of the minor changes to this show over the years, it's still quite funny for those of us with infantile senses of humor.
  • Jurassic Park Adventure Pack - JP 1-3 released again for our viewing pleasure. Whereas the 1st film was great, the only adventure you'll get out of the last two is the trip to the bathroom to vomit.
  • March of the Penguins - Haven't seen it but I've heard it's a good documentary. Might be worth renting.
  • Mr. and Mrs. Smith - An enjoyable movie. Not really much else to say about it. If you like action films with some humor thrown it, see it. If you like watching Angelina Jolie kill people away with a shotgun while wearing practicaly nothing, then definately see it.
  • The Mummy Collector's Set - They couldn't give this set to me. These films were horrible. Mind you, this is the same director that went on to make Van Helsing. This review coming to you from the guy who paid for the DVD containing Universal Soldier 2 and 3, so trust me, I know shitty movies. If you buy this set, I'll cut you.
  • Murderball - A documentary about crippled rugby players in sooped-up wheelchairs. Fuckin' Awesome!!! Although I probably shouldn't use the term "crippled." I think they now prefer the term "physically defective."
  • Sky High - It got pretty good reviews and it is a superhero themed movie, so I'm interested in seeing it, but since the target audience was children, it may not necessarily be all that enjoyable for adults.

Ok, so maybe that wasn't a "short" review of the DVDs this week, but it's my damn blog so deal with it. If you have any concerns about my blog, please direct them to this number: 303-734-8451. I don't know who's number this is, but I'm sure they'd love to hear your comments anyway.

No comments: