Sunday, March 19, 2006

T for Title

Clever blog title eh? Since it's the weekend for V for Vendetta, I thought it was fitting, plus I couldn't think of anything else remotely clever. If you want to hear my thoughts on V for Vendetta, stick around and I'll get to that a few paragraphs from now.

So it's starting to snow here in Denver. It really gets on my nerves when people here in Denver say: "Oh it's snowing so hard, I don't know if I can make it into work tomorrow. It's like a blizzard!" These people live in a city where the wind is near nonexistent and where a whole department full of snowplows keeps pretty much every street in good condition. These stupid bastards, in their 4-wheel drive Lexus' wouldn't know "snow" if they died in it. When I was in high school in Nebraska, I would have to drive over 10 miles worth of plains in driving snow in a fuckin' Mazda. In Nebraska when it snows, you'll be damned lucky to find your all-black car in the damn garage. You know it's a bad storm when on the way to school, you have to drive through snow drifts....to avoid the bigger snow drifts. Now I'm not going to say that snows here in Denver are never bad, but like I said, there are snowplows constantly trying to clear the roads. Nebraska has 1 snowplow for the entire state.

On to V for Vendetta. I won't go into a huge review because I'm sure you've read enough "real" reviews by these so-called reviewers. All i can say is that I didn't have a problem with this movie. Sure, they beat us over the head about how similar this government is to ours, but that was part of the point this movie was trying to make. In my opinion, it was a highly entertaining movie and even Portman did a convincing acting job. That was my review. Was it both informative and entertaining? Did it change your mind? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you should read more, because that was the shittiest review I've ever written.

Now I'll do my part for the Hurricane Katrina victims in New Orleans by reviewing the DVD's released this week.
  • Batmen Beyond: Season 1 - I've been anticipating this release since I picked up a few of these episodes on tape a few years back. This was a truly great show and whoever said cartoons aren't cool can kiss my ass.
  • Capote - It looks good. Isn't it ironic that that's the best review I can write about a movie based on the life of a writer?
  • House of the Dead II - There...is....a.....sequel? Why has God forsaken the American people?
  • Justice League: The Animated Series Season 1 - MORE TOONS!!!! I'm glad I didn't buy the initial DVDs released that only had like 3 episodes each like some people I know. Seriously, this was another great toon. BUY IT!
Not alot, but 2 boxed sets in one day ain't too shabby.

Tune in next week for....MONKEYS!!!!!

No comments: