Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I'm Made Out of People!!!!!!

So, everyone is told at some point in their life that they look like a celebrity. Take Andy for instance, he kinda looks like Moby, but on Heroin. I thought’s today’s comment from a library patron on who I resemble was most hilarious. First, let me list those celebrities that I’ve previously been told I look like:
  • Johnny Rzeznik, lead singer of the Goo Goo Dolls.
  • Charles Manson - Not so much of a celebrity, but I still count it.
  • Dr. Evil - Not really a celeb either, just a movie character, but I've been told by more than one person that I reming them of Dr. Evil when I'm not even trying to mimic him. This and Manson leads me to believe that people think I'm a bad person at heart, and if I ever find out for sure that they think this, I'll stab them in the neck with a pencil.
  • A young Elvis Presley. Yes, I too said "What the Fuck?" when some idiot told me this. I guess it's better than looking like an old Elvis Presley, which I'll probably acheive in the next 3 years if I play my cards right.

But today's comment was possibly the greatest of them all. You probably figured it out from today's title. Yep, someone just said I look like Charlton Heston. This is kinda disturbing because I've been told that I'm distantly related to him, through marriage hopefully. It's also odd because I've openly mocked Heston and his acting chops for many a year. Not to his face though, that man owns a lot of guns. I can see the Manson lookalike connection when I've got my Hobo look going. I can even vaguely see a tiny Rzeznik similarity when my hair was longer and died like it was 6 years ago. But the Presly one? Hell no. And certainly not the Heston one. I don't sound like him either. I don't talk as if my teeth constantly hurt. I'm never sure if I should take these comments as compliments or insults.

To celebrate this fine day, I will leave you with some of Heston's more valuable contributions to movie dialogue:

  • You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!
  • It's people. Soylent Green is made out of people. They're making our food out of people.
  • Sweet Christ...

Thank you Mr. Heston, you're both a gentelman and a scholar.

No comments: