Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I like Lettuce.

I also like Serenity, the movie that is. What did you say? That movie doesn't come out for another month? Lucky I live in a big city and was able to score tickets to a early preview. But, I almost didn't make it. The film started at 7, and we got to the theater at 5:30, and the line was already huge. By 6:45 the line was 3 times as large as it was at 5:30. They started letting people in. With 3 people in front of us, they said the theater was full, but we could wait because if the press didn't show up, that was an extra 10 seats available. Well, we made it in with around 10 other folks. The other 100+ people in line behind us were screwed. BWAH HAHAHAHA!!! I ended up sitting in the very first seat in the very first row, so I spent the movie looking up and to the right. My neck hurt like a bastard when the show was over, but oh was it ever worth it. If you liked the show Firefly, you'll love the movie. If you've never seen Firefly, you'll still probably like the movie. A damn fine film by the hack that brought us Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Oh yeah, they showed one trailer before the movie. Doom was it's name and mindless violence was its game. The movie looks like a stupid and pointless excuse for gunfire and gore, but then again, so were the games it's based on. There looks to be some intense scenes actually filmed in first-person view....including a chainsaw scence. Yes, like I said, the movie may be crap, but it's crap that I'm definately looking forward to.

1 comment:

Andy said...

The Flash TV series is coming to DVD. Go here and scroll down.
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0510/05/index.htm