Monday, August 20, 2007

I gone done Gradumakated!

I have my Master's Degree now. Finally. For once, I'm done with school and NOT looking towards more schooling. People have told me I should go on for a doctorate's degree, but fuck that I say. Sure, I'd like to be called Dr. Crow, but I'd also like to be called Ruler of the Universe. I doubt either will ever happen.

It was a good weekend. I had a nice little BBQ at my apartment, watched the Bourne Ultimatum, and relaxed a bit, which has been quite difficult to do lately. I also did some clothes shopping. The woman who was my field mentor/boss at my internship site gave me a gift card to Macy's on Wednesday. A $100 gift card. Now that's generous right there. I was expecting the gift card to be no more than $25. 25 seems to be the standard gift card amount nowadays. Another friend if mine gave me a Wii game as a gift. That was pretty damn cool too. Personally, I didn't expect anyone to givce me jackshit for my graduation. It's not like I got married or anything stupid like that.

However, if anyone else wants to give me gifts, I will continue to accept them. It would be rude not to.

2 comments:

Andy said...

I'll give you a gift. The gift of my ENDLESS, UNDYING SPITE. Yeah, that'll keep you warm at night.

Andy said...

It is shit, though, how people give you all these presents and make such a big deal when you graduate high school, but the higher up in the educational echelon you move, the less they care. It's like, great, I graduated high school, this means I can also spell, write, and pee in a straight line without getting my feet wet. But get a master's degree, and everyone pats you on the back and keeps going. I think it's the fear. The fear that you are smarter than them.
I don't have that problem, because I'm still smarter than you. I don't need no degree to prove that. I reads me some books.